>> Friday, May 8, 2015
Ada’s going through a baby doll phase right now. And I love it. I really didn’t know if she was going to get into them because we’ve had a few in her play room that she’s barely acknowledged for what seems like forever. Anyway, she was playing with baby “Lulu” last night, then all of a sudden she got very serious and said:
“Mommy, the baby needs her mama milk!"
When I ask Ada if she remember drinking mama milk, she says yes. But then sort of goes on to describe what she sees her friends’ baby siblings doing. She thinks it comes out of a mommy’s armpit. Whatever the case, I think it’s adorable to see her playing this way.
Makes me pretty proud on Mother’s Day.
#1: Zooey Deschanel on Post-Baby Body Expectations via Cosmo
#2: What Are The Odds Of You Becoming Exactly You? via IFL Science!
#3: There’s a Place Perfect For Growing Food. It’s not CA via Mother Jones
#4: Whole Foods To Launch Lower-Priced Grocery Chain via Fortune
#5: The High Price of Nice Nails via NYT
#6: McDonald’s Revamps Hamburgler via NPR
#7: Some deals!
- Outdoor Play Sets and Houses 30% off
- 40% off many Crayola art supplies, etc.
- Select colors of Teva’s Tirra sandal only $40 (I have these in black!)
- 30% off this Steel Lattice Fire Pit
- Sale on Petunia Pickle Bottom bags, baby accessories, more
I would give so much to live just one more week in the ‘90s.
You may have missed . . .
- Veggie Quesadillas on the Grill! How to transform dinner with this simple recipe.
- Moen’s Fabulously Functional Hensley Faucet -- review + chance to win!
- Life Lately -- compost bins, hair color, awkward midwife encounters, and more.
- My Motherhood Journey with First Response -- chance to win!
- Pinterest to Reality -- some project we’re working on these days.
- Spring Weeding -- my capsule wardrobe.
- 100 Calorie Cookie Dough Bites -- vegan, gluten-free, yum.
My writing, elsewhere . . .
(Again, I don’t get paid per click, so read away!)
- Top Running Apps of 2015 via Healthline -- my new gig
- 13 International Crock Pot Recipes That Are Out Of This World
- 5 Important Questions To Ask Before Adding To Your Family
- 10 Sandwiches Hearty Enough For Dinner
- 6 Old Things In Your Home That Have Serious Resale Value
- Healthy Homemade Yogurt Recipes
- 5 Easy Ways To Save On Groceries In A Pinch