>> Wednesday, June 10, 2015
Wow. I haven’t written about food or recipes in a while. Sorry about that. I have really been enjoying writing more about, well, life in general. Sharing what we’re doing in real time. But I miss sharing good eats with you guys for a few reasons. Strangely enough, I feel like I eat better (more variety, healthier meals, etc.) when I come up with recipes to share on a regular basis. Maybe that isn’t strange, it actually makes perfect sense!
So, today I wanted to dive right in with a quick and easy lunch you can make with lots of raw veggies. I’ve never tried subbing romaine or other leafy greens like chard in for my wraps or bread -- and I was pleasantly surprised at how full I felt after eating this meal. It’s salad for people (like me) who hate salads.
What you’ll need . . .
- Romaine lettuce (spring for organic)
- Sliced carrots
- Sliced cucumber
- Hot sauce
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
Method . . .
- Lay out washed and dried romaine leaves and spread generously with hummus.
- Load with chopped veggies (I’d love to add crispy bell peppers and even avocado!).
- Top with hot sauce and Parmesan shake (alternatively, you could use nutritional yeast).
* Homemade hummus is best and much less expensive.