>> Wednesday, July 29, 2015
We returned home to a bursting-from-its-seems garden. (Here’s what our garden is like this year.) And by that I mean we have a ton of tiny tomatoes and basil that we need to use up ASAP. Good thing those are two of my favorite ingredients -- right?
Now, you guys know all about my love affair with pesto.
- Pumpkin Pesto Rolls
- Creamy Pesto + Avocado Sauce (video)
- Garlic Scape + Swiss Chard Pesto, 2 Ways
- Steamed Pesto Dumplings
- Pesto Pizza Dough
- Spinach + Zucchini Pesto
- Baby Kale Pesto
- Walnut Basil Pesto
- Basil-Pesto French Toast
- Pesto French Toast, II -- with Avocado Butter
- Pesto Quiche with Oatmeal Crust
- Pesto Garlic Knots
- Pesto Portabella Sandwiches
- (Pesto) Smothered Mother
What you’ll need . . .
- 1 cup clean basil leaves
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- Squeeze lemon juice
- ground black pepper
Method . . .
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until smooth.
- I used roasted/salted pistachios and took them out of their shells for this recipe.
- Also: I didn’t add salt because the nuts were already salted.
- I also rinsed the basil and then pat it dry with paper towels. I didn’t cook the basil, though. Left it raw.
- You can play around with the oil to make your pesto dryer or runnier. It’s a preference thing.
- You might also have success using some nutritional yeast in place of the cheese.
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!