>> Friday, October 23, 2015
I have a recipe on nesting and homesteading stuff coming your way, but there are a few things I want to add before I make it live. Instead, a recipe! Now, I’ve made a lot of vegan cupcakes throughout the years. Of all the recipes I’ve tried, this one is my favorite. The texture is perfect, springy and moist. They are sweet but not TOO sweet.
Weekends are made for cupcake baking, don’t you think?
And sprinkles make it all the more gratifying!
ONE-BOWL VEGAN CHOCOLATE CUPCAKESRecipe adapted from Martha Stewart’s One-Bowl Chocolate Cupcakes
What you’ll need . . .
- 1-1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cacao powder
- 1-1/4 cups turbinado sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch salt
- Ener-G Egg Replacer for 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Method . . .
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a standard size muffin tin with paper liners and set aside.
- Whisk together the egg replacer in a small bowl and set aside. (For reference, it’s 1 tablespoon replacer with 4 tablespoons warm water.)
- Whisk together the flour, cacao powder, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- TIP: I love using a small batter bowl for cupcakes because it makes distributing the batter a breeze!
- Add the replacer eggs, coconut milk, oil, and vanilla extract into the bowl and whisk everything until smooth.
- Portion out into the muffin tins so they are 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes, rotating halfway through, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Then let cool fully before frosting.
Then frost with your favorite chocolate frosting. I used this recipe.
We’re definitely making these again for Ada’s birthday cupcakes (SHE TURNS FOUR! AHHH!), so it was fun to test the recipe out early. I might do something more fun to decorate them.
Like what you just read? You can subscribe to the feed of these posts or follow us on Twitter or Facebook to be the first to know what the (never home)makers are up to. And we’ll love you forever!