>> Tuesday, December 22, 2015
I’ve been trying the last few years to find or create THE recipe that will be part of our Christmas morning for years to come. This year, I finally figured it out . . . and it’s a good one. I was searching around for a good egg-free pancake recipe. The kind that melt in your mouth, but are oh-so fluffy.
These are IT, guys.
I took the photo with my phone because I’m still in the stage of needing to eat ASAP or I’ll get sick. But progress, right?! Recipes = progress . . . .
CHRISTMAS MORNING KEFIR PANCAKESBased on this Egg-Free Buttermilk Pancakes recipe.
- 2 cups flour (I used a mix of all purpose and wheat pastry)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 2 cups kefir
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk (or water)
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup frozen or fresh berries, rinsed well*
- Mini chocolate chips (optional)
* I used a frozen berry mix with blackberries, blueberries, and raspberries.
Method . . .
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Then add the kefir, coconut milk, and oil.
- Mix until everything is moistened, but it can still be lumpy. Don’t over-mix.
- After you rinse your berries (until the water runs clear for the frozen ones!) pat them dry with a tea towel or paper towel. Then gently fold them into the batter.
- Cook heaping half cups on medium-high (or so) heat until golden on both sides. Before you flip, sprinkle the mini chocolate chips onto the uncooked side.
- Serve with pure maple syrup.