>> Friday, December 11, 2015
Another recipe! I’ll admit that my reprieve from sickness didn’t last long (maybe 1-1/2 days), but it was long enough for me to make this guy. A no-bake coconut cream peanut butter pie with a black bean chocolate ganache. Sounds so weird, but I assure you it’s delicious.
Also: All the cooking or baking I do lately is the cheater way.
For this dessert, I used a pre-made (gluten-free) graham cracker crust.
NO-BAKE PEANUT BUTTER PIE*Vegan provided you use dairy-free chocolate.
What you’ll need . . .
For the filling:
- 1 can coconut cream, just the cream (save liquid)
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 to 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
For the ganache:
- 1/2 cup black beans, rinsed
- 1 tablespoon coconut liquid
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
Method . . .
- Place the filling ingredients in a bowl and beat together with a hand mixer (or use a stand mixer) until smooth. I used 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and it was actually quite sweet, so try 1 to start.
- Pour this mix into your pie crust and refrigerate for half an hour.
- In a food processor, blend together the black beans with the tablespoon of coconut liquid.
- Then on your stovetop, melt the coconut oil over low heat and add in the bittersweet chocolate (if you’re using a bar, cut it up into tiny pieces).
- Add the chocolate to the beans and blend in the processor until smooth.
- Then gently spread this “ganache” over the peanut butter layer. Then put everything in the fridge for an hour or so to firm up.