>> Friday, March 18, 2016
I am in love with pies you can process and pour into a pre-made graham cracker crust. It's like instant dessert, but it tastes like it took so much longer to prepare. So, to start your weekend, I thought I'd share the pie I made to celebrate Pi day earlier this week. You can whip this up in mere minutes before dinner or, well, just whenever.
It's sort of healthy, too:
5-MINUTE CHOCOLATE + BLACK BEAN PIE
What you'll need . . .
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can coconut cream, drain any liquid out
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (or to taste)
- 1 pre-made graham cracker pie crust
Method . . .
- Blend together the black beans, coconut cream, and cocoa powder in a food processor.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate chips, stirring continuously.
- Add the chocolate to your mixture and blend until well incorporated.
- Add the maple syrup, adjusting to your preferred sweetness.
- Pour filling into your crust. Let set in the fridge for 1 or more hours.
For a different twist on the no-bake pie, check out this delicious Peanut Butter Pie that uses many of the same ingredients. And if you're curious, kids love this pie even with the black beans inside. At least Ada does, and she's pretty picky, so there's that!
// Friday Things Quickie
- Watch elderly runners crush the 100 meter dash
- Baby tech is sold on fear, not practicality
- Honest Company under fire for not being so honest
- Your kitchen: Splurge on this, save on that
- Don't let these 6 home decor flaws ruin your house hunt
- How to stop ordering takeout and start saving money
- This essential oil diffuser (review coming soon!)
- These awesome + affordable sandals by Dr. Scholl's
- These comfortable + seamless leggings for pregnancy on super sale
- This fun way to color eggs without chemicals
- This natural rubber duckie perfect for little Easter baskets
We're taking our family movie night out tonight and going to the theater to see Zootopia. Have you seen it yet? Ada's psyched!