>> Friday, March 11, 2016
I'm hitting a transition period with blogging right now -- can you tell? Between Ada's new "sleep" habits, Stephen's track coaching schedule (goodbye, evenings + Saturdays till mid-June!), and rounding the corner into the third trimester in a few weeks . . . well, I'm exhausted. I've had to prioritize my work time for my freelancing versus blogging . . . but I'm hoping to get into a better rhythm soon.
I thought I'd do a weekend things post today! It's been quite a while since the last one. So, here's what I've been reading, making, eating, and adding to my shopping + wish lists these days. I have my 24 week pregnancy update written up, too, but I haven't snapped my weekly photo yet -- I'll probably combine week 24 + 25 in this event.
Thanks for your patience! I've been feeling like this:
// Finding Mom-Friends is Like Dating All Over Again -- right?! via HuffPost
// We're planning some backyard work. Mostly we need to enclose the rest of the fence. We want to add a small swing set. And my ultimate goal project is to switch out the window in the living room that faces the space and make it a single patio door. Here are some things (DIY fences, mostly) I've been digging on Pinterest.
// Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies. I don't follow the lifestyle, but somehow I came across this recipe in my searches. It's REALLY GOOD. Just almond flour, coconut oil, maple syrup (or honey), baking soda, vanilla, salt, and chocolate chips. Everyone in the family is obsessed.
// Favorite Barre3 online workout lately -- 40 Minute Cardio Burst
// What's on my shopping + wish list these days:
- I finally bought Ada the KidKraft Book Sling (she chose the pastel one)
- We also got Baby E this changing table by Badger Basket
- And last in that order, I bought the grey Blanqi Bodystyler tank #wortheverypenny
- We're pretty set on the IronKids 300 Swing Set -- anyone have reviews?
- DEAL: Ultrasonic Essential Oil Diffuser for just $30
// Stop Asking if My 4-year-old has a Girlfriend! via New York Times
// Benedict Cumberbunnies Have Arrived to Haunt Your Easter via Mashable
// How the Reversal of Adult + Child Roles is Hurting Kids via The Atlantic
My writing, elsewhere:
- How to Stop the Takeout Meal Cycle + Save
- 10 Fun Money Apps for Kids
- Avoid These 5 Common Gym Budget Busters
- Money Rules to Save Big in Baby's First Year
- 10 Hobbies You Can Start Today for Free
- 7 Beauty Tools That Aren't Worth the Money
Happy Friday + HOORAY for Daylight Savings!