>> Monday, June 6, 2016
The Aquafresh brand has compensated me in connection with the statements made in this post.
Fun fact: The Fourth of July is one of my favorite holidays. Something about the warm weather, fireworks, picnics, and getting together with friends and family outdoors really gets me feeling happy. I also love how you can walk around my neighborhood and smell all those barbecue pits burning with deliciousness. Yeah. The 4th is all about food in my book.
Today's post is in partnership with SheKnows and Aquafresh® toothpaste. As many of you know, I've written about Aquafresh® in the past. What's good? Well, their toothpastes provide Sugar Acid Protection from active fluoride. This protection works to strengthen and shield teeth against sugar acid attacks. You know, the kind you get from everyday foods and drinks. And yes: even from our beloved holiday foods and treats.
The thing is, there are also plenty of ways to celebrate July 4th. So, today I thought I'd share a fun art project you can do with your kids to get everyone in the spirit. I used to do this simple fireworks and/or flowers painting project with my mom when I was a kid - long before I saw it pop up on Pinterest boards.
FIREWORKS/FLOWER STAMP PAINTINGAll you need:
- Used up paper towel or toilet paper roll
- Different colors of paint (stick with red, white, and blue = super festive!)
- Paper plates (to hold paint)
- Construction or other paper (Black would be great for fireworks!)
- Glitter or glitter paint (optional)
So, here they are!
- Simply squirt a bit of each type of paint onto a plate. I like to mix different colors together to get a swirl effect with flowers. Paint will likely go everywhere, so make sure you put down some type of vinyl tablecloth or even just a garbage bag.
- Adults: Cut the end of the paper towel or toilet paper roll in straight lines. Experiment with going thicker or thinner/longer or shorter for different fireworks or flower shapes. (This would also make a great sun stamp!)
- This probably goes without saying, but you fold the cut parts out so they make a fireworks shape.
- Then have your child dip the new stamp you've made into the paint and go crazy!
- You can decorate your photo with glitter for extra dazzle.
Back to Aquafresh®. Their Multi-Action Whitening toothpaste is all about Sugar Acid Protection through active fluoride to help prevent cavities*.
It has six key benefits in one toothpaste:
- Cavity Protection
- Healthy gums*
- Freshens breath
- Great taste
- Enamel Strengthening
Happy 4th! Remember to brush after all your tasty party treats. And if you're interested, you can grab a coupon to try the Multi-Action Whitening toothpaste right here. Visit Aquafresh® toothpaste on Facebook and Twitter.
Do you have any kid-approved 4th of July art projects? Tell me about them in the comments and you will be entered to win a $100 Visa gift card!
No duplicate comments.
You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
1. Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post
2. Tweet (public message) about this promotion; including exactly the following unique term in your tweet message: “#SweepstakesEntry”; and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post
3. Blog about this promotion, including a disclosure that you are receiving a sweepstakes entry in exchange for writing the blog post, and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post
4. For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older (or nineteen (19) years of age or older in Alabama and Nebraska). Winners will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. The notification email will come directly from BlogHer via the sweeps@blogher email address. You will have 2 business days to respond; otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 6/1/2016 - 6/30/2016
Be sure to visit the Aquafresh® brand page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ posts!
Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Aquafresh® or GlaxoSmithKline Consumer Healthcare