>> Wednesday, August 24, 2016
Just wanted to hop on here quickly to share my new favorite lunch! I often make chickpea salad sandwiches when hummus gets boring. This latest variation is a real keeper! Especially if you are as addicted to chipotle Vegenaise as I am. We put it on everything!
CHIPOTLE + LIME CHICKPEA SALAD
What you'll need . . .
- 1 (15-ounce) can of chickpeas, drained + rinsed
- 1/2 cup pickles, chopped into bits
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, chopped into bits
- Handful fresh cilantro, minced
- 3 tablespoons chipotle Vegenaise
- 2 teaspoons time juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
Method . . .
- Mash the chickpea in a large bowl using a potato masher or a fork. The texture should resemble canned tuna or chicken.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix until well combined. Season to taste.
- Then toast bread, top with spinach or other greens, and scoop out the salad.
It's so good!