>> Tuesday, January 10, 2017
Hopping on to give you guys that review on the Bellabeat Leaf Nature (I have the Rose Gold edition) fitness tracking device. I had very high hopes for this gorgeous piece of smart jewelry. I've wanted it for a few years and -- yes -- I bought it with my own money. So, this review is unbiased.
You can wear it as a necklace, bracelet, clip it on to your clothing, etc. I even bought some cute accessories for it on Etsy!
But here's the deal.
And why -- sadly -- I am returning it:
- It's beautiful
- You can wear it many different ways
- It tracks you steps, sleep, breathing, menstrual cycle, etc.
- Its app is relatively user-friendly
- Did I mention how pretty it is?!
- Leaf Nature cannot get wet. (The Leaf Urban can, however.)
- Doesn't allow you to override for running steps (see video for explanation)
- Has issues with tracking sleep
- Breathing tracking can be random
- Clunky in that you have to always mark in app how you're wearing it
- Customer service is just OK, not great
WHY I'M RETURNING
Ultimately, I decided to return this tracker because there are others out there that do more for a similar price point. If the Leaf's app gave me the ability to override steps to account for the miles I've run in a day, I may have kept it. But it doesn't. Instead, I spend my days frustrated that I cannot meet my step goal on the screen when I've obviously already met it in real life. And customer service is vague about when developments will be made.
In the end, the Leaf Nature is a nice fitness tracker that looks gorgeous . . . but it just doesn't have enough power for me.
Do you have the Leaf? I'm majorly sad to return!